by Katie Palmer
Spring is such an exciting time of year, especially when it comes to the farmer’s market. There is nothing wrong with hearty winter squash and pears (don’t get me wrong I go through the “Pumpkin Spice” phase every fall) but come February I really start craving something fresh and green. Our local market was full of beautiful spring produce this weekend, which inspired this spring time salad. I hope you love it as much as I did!
- Spring Mix Greens
- Fennel Leaves
- Sprouts of any kind
- Chopped Pecans
- Sliced Ham (I used Applegate)
- Cashew "Cheese" Spread (I used HeidiHo. It is AMAZING!)
- Dressing: Olve Oil, Balsamic Glaze, Bacon Grease, Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Combine the first six ingredients in a bowl.
- Lightly saute asparagus in olive oil. Spread cashew cheese on a piece of ham. Put one or two pieces of asparagus on the ham and roll it up. Cut into ½ in slices. Place asparagus rolls on top of salad.
- Whisk together equal parts of all the dressing ingredients.
- Dress salad and enjoy!