Click here to set up a session
I take a holistic approach to counseling, informed by my knowledge and training in functional health coaching. I believe that mental health symptoms are the result of a combination of physiological, emotional, experiential, and environmental elements. I support clients in opening up their awareness to what may be contributing to the feelings and state of mind they are experiencing.
My knowledge of muscles (from my Thai bodywork training), hormonal imbalance, the gut-brain axis, mineral imbalances, and mind-body connection allows me to see mental health through a holistic lens. Every one of these connects to mental health in quite direct ways. Addressing them in addition to talk therapy helps to make emotional and cognitive shifts more possible and more long-lasting, often without the need for medication.
I do not have a specialization, but these are the types of client concerns I commonly address:
- Life stressors or life transitions
- Childhood trauma
- Anger, hurt feelings, or trauma from church experiences
- Perinatal concerns (birth trauma, post-partum depression or anxiety, stress from parenting young children)
- Post-abortion emotions
- Cancer or disease diagnosis emotions
- Loss or grief
- Relational stress (with spouse, partner, friend, or family member)
I welcome clients of all ethnicities, genders, and ages.