This is the fifth and final day of our 5 Day Instagram Challenge! If you haven’t already, you can join the challenge by following us on Instagram or by joining the Sweet Water Sisterhood Facebook group.
Today your challenge is to CELEBRATE!
Celebrating reminds us of all that we have to be grateful for. It shifts our brains into a mode of appreciation instead of critically assessing what is wrong with our lives or what we need to work on.
Do This First
Before you decide what to celebrate and how to celebrate it, I want you to take a few minutes to make a list of things you are thankful for. Set a timer for five minutes and see how many things you can write down.
Once you have taken the time to be thankful, then start thinking of what you could celebrate today and an activity that would add to the joy of what you are thankful for.
What to Celebrate
Here are a few ideas for what you could celebrate today:
- A half-birthday or small life anniversary (like the anniversary of when you painted your room a new color or when you planted your first garden or when you moved into your home). Look through your calendar and see what you could find – it could even be a 1 month or 1 week anniversary of something!
- Small victories – getting through a busy week or a making a deadline, a child sleeping through the night in his own bed, a month without being sick, completing this week’s challenges – anything that feels like a success to you!
- The good things in life: your family, a dear friend, your home, your job that you love, sunny weather, flowers blooming, the weekend, etc.
- There are lots of things to celebrate when we take the time to notice them. I’d love to hear what you come up with!
How to Celebrate
Here are a few ideas of how to celebrate:
- Do something you love to do, like going to a beautiful outdoor location, wearing your favorite outfit, or listening to music that makes you smile.
- Eat foods that feel like a treat but that you won’t feel guilty about – fresh fruit you don’t usually buy, a homemade dessert, dinner at your favorite restaurant, chocolate, tea – something that feels a bit extravagant and celebratory!
- Express yourself! Sing, dance, talk about what you are celebrating with other people or celebrate with friends/family.
- Add a little beauty. Buy or pick some flowers to put on the table, pull out your nice plates for dinner, or add some simple decorations to your celebration.
- Keep it simple. Don’t stress yourself out trying to do something special. Sometimes the simplest things can feel the most nourishing to our hearts. This way, it feels like a treat and not like a chore.
Celebrations are part of every culture. They help us step out of the grind of everyday life, notice the goodness around us, and receive at a deeper levels the gifts God has for us.
Don’t miss this chance to celebrate!
And, I’d love to hear about it once you’ve done it – post a photo or comment below about how you are celebrating today.
Are you ready to join us?
Simply follow Sweet Water Offering on Instagram or request to be added to the Sweet Water Sisterhood group on Facebook to get your daily challenges.
Need More Support?
If you’re interested in more support for Holistic Mental Health, check out this group coming up in March…A Little Space: From Sad and Stressed Out to Centered and Soulful.
This is the fourth day of our 5 Day Instagram Challenge! If you haven’t already, you can join the challenge by following us on Instagram or by joining the Sweet Water Sisterhood Facebook group.
Today your challenge is to MOVE!
This is the third day of our 5 Day Instagram Challenge! If you haven’t already, you can join the challenge by following us on Instagram or by joining the Sweet Water Sisterhood Facebook group.
Today your challenge is to CONNECT with some one you love who encourages, comforts, or energizes you.
This is the second day of our 5 Day Instagram Challenge! If you haven’t already, you can join the challenge by following us on Instagram or by joining the Sweet Water Sisterhood Facebook group.
Today your challenge is to CREATE something.
by Katie Palmer, Certified Herbalist and FDN-P
Do you find yourself stumbling around, glaring at everyone, and murmuring words of frustration at the sun until you’ve had your first cup of coffee? Are you the type of person that constantly repeats the phrase, “Sorry, I haven’t had my coffee yet”? If so, this may be a sign of adrenal dysfunction.
Have you ever wanted some hard data about what’s going on in your body? Maybe you’ve tried an elimination diet or tried several different supplements, and you’ve had a hard time telling if these changes are making a difference.
Maybe you’ve had some testing done with your doctor and everything came back “normal.” Of course, normal is what you want; but you know something is off, and a “normal” test gets you no closer to figuring out what’s going on.
Dairy is a favorite food for many people – it might even be the most difficult food for many of us to consider giving up. Like gluten, it’s a comfort food that has emotional connections for us, too. Many people tense up and dismiss the idea completely when considering giving up their evening bowl of ice cream.
This is often the question that people changing their way of eating find they are asking themselves… or us. They have a list of what NOT to eat, which can leave them feeling discouraged and frustrated.
The Key to Success with a Healing Diet
Cutting out gluten has gotten downright trendy lately. I’m sure you know at least a few people by now who’ve given up gluten without being diagnosed with Celiac disease (the autoimmune condition triggered by consumption of gluten). Wherever you do your grocery shopping, you are likely seeing an increase in the number of “gluten-free” products. And, even products that seem completely unrelated to gluten (like popcorn and cheese) are starting to bear the “gluten-free” label.
I am excited to be offering some mini-webinars this week via the new Facebook live-streaming option. We’re going to be doing all sorts of things together over the course of the week – from talking about the inner workings of our bodies to making lunch together! And, don’t worry if you can’t make it live, the video recordings will be available to you immediately after they air.